Friends, I am in Mozambique. I don't have much time to write, but I wanted to let you know that we arrived safely and soundly. After what was actually a 23 hour flight (no big deal!) and a stop off in Johannesburg at the home and B&B of a wonderful God-fearing, rooibos tea serving, joke-telling family-- Willem, Yvonne, Margo, and Eben Bester-- we boarded a plane to Beira today and some lovely CRI folk and Jen Aldrich came to pick us up. Your prayers are effective! All of our luggage made it without any damaged or lost supplies!
We had our first team meeting and time of worship... it was great. I am super tired, but holding out until at least 9 PM. In case you were wondering, yes, the toilet water flushes the opposite way and the moon lays on its back. Yay for the southern hemisphere!
More stories soon...
All my love,
Steph
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment