I am now back in the US and fully over jet lag. It has been harder than I expected to finish this blog up... Mostly because I can't seem to wrap up the experience in a neat little box. It is uncontainable.
I once read that at the end of his life Thomas Aquinas stopped writing. He had a vision of heaven and decided that, compared to the glory of God, his writings were "like straw." I do not mean to put my thoughts on the level of this historic figure, but I can oddly relate. I saw a lot of things and felt a lot of things and still wonder about a lot of things... Anything I say could not do them justice. It's all straw.
What I keep coming back to is the over-arching love that God has for the people of Mozambique and the battle that exists in this place of great darkness and fatalism. You see, His Kingdom has and is and will continue to break through. I'm thrilled to have seen and taken a small part in speaking God's truth. In the words of Pastor Jeronimo from Igreja Baptista do Dondo, "You were not created for disease! You were not created for death! You were created for eternal LIFE!"
Thank you for your prayers and support! It is my prayer that Dondo will remain on your hearts as the redemptive work of God continues to deliver such great hope.
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment